GENERATE THE HIGHEST QUALITY HOCl DISINFECTANT AT HOME
The EcoLox Eco One System allows you to make an all-natural, eco-friendly disinfectant that that safe, non-irritating, and worry-free.
Made up of: Salt, Water, and Electricity--That’s it
What is HOCl?
- HOCl is the scientific formula for hypochlorous acid, a weak acid similar to that of a mild citrus juice. It is a powerful oxidant that is effective against invading bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
- HOCl is a powerful oxidant that can kill microbial pathogens immediately upon contact by damaging cell walls or inactivate the pathogen by entering and disrupting proteins, lipids, and DNA.
- HOCl is now widely used in healthcare, food safety, water treatment, and general sanitation.
How Does the Eco One System Work?
- Making disinfectant is easy. Just fill the pitcher with water and add kosher salt. Power on the system and within minutes a disinfectant is generated called hypochlorous acid (HOCl), also known as electrolyzed water.
Where Can I Use the Eco One System?
- At Home: Hypochlorous acid is useful anywhere you need a sanitizer but don't feel comfortable using a toxic chemical. A perfect example is in the kitchen. Instead of rinsing leafy greens with water, use hypochlorous acid. Or for personal items such as toothbrushes or razors, hypochlorous acid is safe and effective.
- Restaurants: HOCl generated by the Eco One System can be used to replace nearly all chemicals used in restaurants for sanitation. Not only can it be used for all food contact surfaces, kitchenware, and floors, but it is also safe and suitable as an antimicrobial for sanitizing food. HOCl has been cleared by the FDA for no-rinse sanitation of produce if generated from ECOLOXTECH systems. See FCN 1811 on the FDA website.
- Cruise Ships: In addition to all the applications useful for a hotel or restaurant, hypochlorous acid has been proven by research to inactivate Norovirus. Eco One HOCl does not cause discoloration or damage to upholstery as do most harsh chemicals.
- Livestock: Eco One HOCl is ideal for maintaining sanitized living environments for livestock. It’s safe on animals and effective in controlling microbial pathogens. It can be applied to living environments via electrostatic sprayers and dosed into storage tanks for disinfecting drinking water.
EFFECTIVEElectrolytically generated hypochlorous acid kills bacteria, bacterial spores, viruses, and fungi 100x more effectively than chlorine bleach.
EFFICIENTHypochlorous acid is generated on-site at preset concentrations using ECOLOXTECH systems. No storing or mixing toxic chemicals.
NATURALElectrolytically generated hypochlorous acid is a safe, non-toxic, eco-friendly, no-rinse solution produced with just water, table salt, and electricity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the active molecule in the disinfectant generated from water and salt?
The active molecule is hypochlorous acid (HOCl). Hypochlorous acid is a powerful oxidant and is 100 times more efficient at killing bacteria than chlorine bleach or sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl). Hypochlorous acid is safe and natural. It is found in our blood as one of the most powerful biological oxidants generated by our white blood cells against invading pathogens.
Have you done research on SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 Virus)?
Yes, we have done research on the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 virus) using hypochlorous acid generated from EcoloxTech systems. Please click here to see our research. http://hocl.io/pdf/covid-19-study.pdf
How long is the disinfectant active after being generated from the Eco One system?
In a closed container such as a spray bottle, the concentration of hypochlorous acid decreases about 1% per day. For example, if you generate 200 ppm, it should maintain above 180 ppm after 2-4 weeks if stored at room temperature and protected from UV light.
Can I generate higher than 200 ppm?
Yes, after generating 200 ppm, if you continue to run additional cycles on setting 3 (8 minute cycles), each additional cycle will raise the concentration approximately 80 ppm.
Why do I see hypochlorous acid advertised to have a shelf-life of 1 year or more by some manufacturers?
When hypochlorous acid is bottled, manufacturers often add other chemicals to act as buffers or stabilizers to help prolong the shelf-life.
Can hypochlorous acid be sprayed using ByoPlanet Electrostatic Spray Systems?
Yes, but it is important that personnel wear recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) including an N95 respirator and enclosed safety glasses.
How can I test the disinfectant?
Measuring Concentration: Because hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is a free chlorine molecule, you can measure the concentration with standard chlorine test paper in measurements of 10, 50, 100 and 200 parts per million (ppm).
Measuring pH: The pH is important because HOCl will be the dominant free chlorine molecule between pH 5 and 7. You can measure the pH with standard pH test paper.
At pH 5, over 99% of the free chlorine molecules will be HOCl. At pH 6, over 90% of the free chlorine molecules will be HOCl. At pH 7, over 80% of the free chlorine molecules will be HOCl. At pH 8, only 20% of the free chlorine molecules will be HOCl.
What kind of salt must I use to generate the disinfectant?
Just pure and natural salt without iodine (i.e. kosher salt)
Why does the user manual recommend adding 1 tsp of vinegar?
Adding vinegar is optional but recommended to lower the pH of the water.
What is the difference between the disinfectant made with salt and the degreaser made with potassium carbonate?
The disinfectant made with salt is hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a powerful oxidizing agent. The degreaser made with potassium carbonate is potassium hydroxide (KOH), a powerful reducing agent.
Why is the Eco One system more expensive than some other systems?
It all depends on the quality of the electrolysis cell. Eco One systems use high quality titanium electrolysis cells. Other competing systems may not be generating hypochlorous acid and the electrolysis cell may be built with lower quality alloys which cause the electrolysis cells to deteriorate quickly. Be cautious of cheaper systems manufactured in China that are using electrolysis cells made from steel. These electrolysis cells will deteriorate at a fast pace and will form harmful chromium compounds that can be carcinogenic.
Do I need to purchase any special capsules?
No, we do not require users to purchase expensive capsules like some competing systems. All that is needed is salt for generating HOCl disinfectant or potassium carbonate for generating KOH degreaser.
Can the salt and potassium carbonate be mixed to generate a combined disinfectant and degreaser?
No, the disinfectant is a strong oxidant whereas the degreaser is a strong reducing agent. If the two additives are mixed, the system will not generate any useful solution.